Frequently Asked Questions:

What are the requirements for being a rider and drivers with PDQ2?

To ride or drive with PDQ2, you’ll need:

  • Proof of your right to work in the UK as self-employed.

  • A smartphone – (iOS 13.6 and above) or Android (6.0 and above).

  • Your own vehicle (bicycle, scooter, or car) with the necessary safety equipment.

  • A UK bank account.

You must also: Be over 18.

  • Have no unspent criminal convictions.

  • Cars and motorized scooters will also need food delivery insurance as well as regular motor vehicle insurance.

    What documents do I need?

One document to prove your right to work in the UK, which could be:

  • UK/EEA passport

  • EEA ID card (plus additional photo ID)

  • Non-EEA passport, with a valid visa (including immigration status) or Biometric Residence Permit

  • UK birth/adoption certificate with National Insurance number

One document to prove your address, which could be:

  • A bank or credit card statement (not from an online bank like Monzo or Starling)

  • An original utility bill (excluding mobile phones).

If you’re applying to ride with a car or scooter, you’ll also need to provide:

  • UK/EEA driving license (or provisional license and CBT for scooters)

  • Proof of food delivery insurance.

What insurance do I need?

For cars and motorized scooters, you'll need both ‘Social, Domestic & Pleasure’ and ‘Hire & Reward’ insurance when working with PDQ2.

  • Social, Domestic & Pleasure (SD&P): This is standard insurance that covers you for the everyday use of your vehicle.

  • Hire and Reward (H&R): Your SD&P insurance does not cover you for your food and goods delivery work with PDQ2. If you’re delivering food and goods in return for payment, in addition to SD&P, you’ll need to have:

  • Hire and reward insurance, or

  • Fast food delivery insurance, or

  • Carriage of goods, including food, for hire and reward insurance

These are the specific types of cover that PDQ2 riders and drivers need to have in place to carry out food and good deliveries in a car or on a scooter.

Not sure where to get your insurance? We find a lot of riders use these providers:

  • Zego: Offers pay-as-you-go courier insurance - You only pay for the time you're online.

  • TradeX: Provides delivery insurance.

  • Acorn: Provides delivery insurance for couriers.

What other insurance cover do I need?

All riders and drivers will still need to have their own third-party liability insurance for their vehicle, as well as food delivery insurance, as required by law.

How do I get paid?

Riders and drivers get paid £5.25 for each delivery they make. Fees are paid the next day before 2pm. Riders keep 100% of any tips they receive and these are paid at the same time as the rest of your fees.

Can I provide my kit?

Yes, you’re not required to wear PDQ2 branded kit when on the app or delivering for PDQ2. You’re welcome to buy kit from a supplier of your choice, but your kit will need to meet our minimum safety standards.

Applying online is easy

Make sure you have your ID, driving licence (for scooter and car drivers) and proof of right to work.